This decadent ice cream sundae is perfect for (when the sun shines) indulging in something sweet and refreshing. The ice cream is swirled with caramelised buttered pecans and served with fudgy brownies, whipped coconut cream and a rich chocolate pecan fudge sauce. It also happens to be deceptively simple to make! We’ll race you to the kitchen...
- Start by caramelising the pecans. Gently melt the butter in a pan, then add pecans and sugar. Stir to coat, then heat for a few minutes, stirring often, until pecans are lightly toasted.
- Stir through the maple syrup, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Now, make the ice cream. Using an electric mixer, beat together the coconut cream, condensed milk and Nut Blend until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup, then fold in cooled pecans.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and place in the freezer to firm up (3-4 hours) into a scoopable mixture. NB: If leaving longer (eg. in the freezer overnight), you will need to allow to soften at room temperature to do this.
- Twenty minutes before removing the ice cream from the freezer, make the sauce by heating all ingredients together, stirring smooth until chocolate is melted. Allow to cool.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of sauce into the bottom of each sundae glass. Scatter over some chunks of brownie.
- Once ice cream is scoopable, use an ice cream scoop to spoon over the sundae glasses.
- Layer with more brownie mix and sauce until glasses are full. Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.