Nothing eases you into Autumn more than putting on your baking hat, filling your kitchen with the smell of cinnamon spice (and all things nice) - and getting wrapped up in a cosy jumper with a hot chocolate. First step? Make these Cinnamon Spiced Apple Muffins featuring our Cinnamon, Hazelnut & Almond Butter. They’re especially delicious warm out of the oven or as a snack as the weather gets cooler.
The following recipe makes up to 12 muffins (depending on size) and so you can share them with family, friends or simply yourself (no judgement, in fact, this is my preferred choice).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line your muffin tray with muffin liners and lightly grease with a touch of olive or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, Cinnamon, Hazelnut & Almond Butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla essence and almond milk until smooth without any lumps.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt; and stir thoroughly until well-combined. Fold in the diced apples.
- Distribute the batter across 12 muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes. They should be golden brown when ready to serve (eat).
- Once ready, top with Cinnamon, Hazelnut & Almond Butter and enjoy hot or cold.