If your Christmas make-and-bake-to-do list isn’t already heaving, let us add to it... These gooey nut butter cups are super satisfying, exquisite to taste and (very) moreish; coated in rich dark chocolate and oozing with caramelised crunchy nut butter. Perfect to snack on during the day or serve alongside dessert. Ready? Set, bake (or freeze in this case)!
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Once it’s totally smooth, pour half the melted chocolate into the liners. Save the other half for the top layer.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine your choice of nut butter, honey and coconut oil. Mix until smooth. (You can microwave for 15 seconds to help blend ingredients into a pourable mixture.)
- Add an even layer of the nut butter mixture into each muffin liner and freeze for 5 minutes.
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top of each nut butter layer.
- Freeze for about one hour, until completely firm.