When it comes to snack time, finding something delicious, nutritious and satisfying is a bit of a ball-ache… Luckily, these Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Balls are the perfect solution. Easy to make, very moreish and a great healthy alternative to tuck into when your energy levels drop.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Place the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes, giving them a toss halfway.
- Remove from the oven and once cool rub them in a bit of kitchen towel to remove most of the skins.
- Place the hazelnuts into a food processor and blitz for 10-20 seconds until finely chopped. Take out a handful of the hazelnuts for your toppings.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blitz again for about 30 seconds until the dates have broken down and the mixture starts sticking together.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop and roll the mixture into balls. Wet your hands a little if it gets too sticky.
- Cover half of the balls in chopped hazelnuts or chocolate. Let them cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Eat straight away or store in an air tight container for 5-7 days.