The Queen of desserts and ultimate Sunday-roast-pud, this Apple Pecan Crumble is one you can enjoy all year round. Perfect with a dollop of cream, custard, ice cream, all three... With a crunchy golden topping of oats and pecans and sweet cinnamon and apple filling, this crumble is best served straight up with a spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and coat small pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- To prepare the crumble, whisk together the oats, flour, sugar, coconut oil, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- To prepare the filling, toss the apples with the cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl until completely coated.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared pan, and gently press down with a spatula. Sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the apples are fork tender. Serve immediately or cool completely to room temperature; then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving to allow the juices to fully thicken.