During the week, although porridge can an easy and convenient go-to breakfast; we love taking our time over the weekend to slow-cook delicious ingredients and cosy up with it on the sofa. This coconut porridge recipe with honey caramelised peaches is absolutely gorgeous, hot or cold – and if you make a big batch, you can store it in the fridge for a quick breakfast on Monday morning.
- Place the oats, water, coconut milk, sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat. Gently bring it to boil, then turn the heat down to a low and simmer for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the peaches into the wedges.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat. Melt the butter together with honey and add peaches. Cook them for around 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- While the peaches are caramelising, mix the nut butter, water and salt together (you can use a blender or fork) until becomes runny. Stir it into the porridge and transfer it to the serving bowls.
- Top with roasted peaches and generous spoon of Cinnamon, Hazelnut & Almond Butter.