Banana Bread may be so 2020 - we all hopped on that lockdown-bandwagon - but this recipe is better than anything you tried. Naturally sweet and deliciously moist; a slice slathered in nut butter or simply eaten alone will exceed all expectations. The only downside? When freshly baked and warm out of the oven, one slice is never enough…
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with sugar and honey until the yolk breaks apart.
- Whisk in the oil, nut butter and mashed banana and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Add a sliced banana on top (optional).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack. Then let it cool completely.
- Serve with nut butter, jam or salted butter.